1. Cross Off These 40 Things From Your To-Do List
4. Washing your jeans: Levi’s CEO says don’t bother. 15. Washing your hair every day: You’re half an hour richer! 17. Peeling vegetables: “Stop throwing away delicious fibre, you weirdo.” 18. Owning more than 10 items of clothing: Well, a Canadian pilot spent a year wearing only that… 30. Buying expensive products: just rub on coconut oil and baking powder for whiff-free pits. – (Guardian)
2. Know The Truth About Your Yoga Pants
Polyester and other synthetic fibres – such as those we wear during our yogic backbends – are a tricky biz, releasing microfibers (tiny plastic bits) into the oceans. Yikes. This video gives you the lowdown, and the links underneath show what we can do about it.
– (The Story of Stuff)
3. Suss Out If Your Fave “Ethical” Brands Are The Real Delio
Project JUST gives us five questions to help sniff out greenwashing – in fact, they use them to suss out Everlane, Warby Parker, Kowtow and Krochet Kids and their alleged radically transparent/social impact/organic creds. Some did better than others! Rinse and repeat.
– (New Co Shift)
4. Bust Animal Poaching From Your Pocket
Save poaching for eggs, kay? Wannabe Ace Venturas in Southeast Asia can dob poachers in from their back pocket with the Wildlife Witness app. Simply snap the offense and pin it to a virtual map, and it’ll be forwarded to various wildlife authorities. Amateur (pet) detectives have already made over 1,000 reports. – (Fast Co.)
5. Be A Good Activist
Get off the internet, show up and make what you’re doing fun. (Okay, there’s a few pieces in the middle, too). – (Grist)
6. Watch This And Love Your Fellow (Wo)man
7. Watch This, Too
8. Moma, Spice Up Those Nappies
Babies are super cute – and super poopy, too, with disposable nappies clogging up landfill. Luckily, there’s a less planet-stinking way to roll. Former Spice Gal Emma Bunton is now the face of eco-brand Kit & Kin, whose foxy nappies biodegrade within six years (better than the usual 500). – (The Drum)